Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Good Christmas

We traveled to Arkansas to see my grandparents for Christmas. We have been going every other year all of my life. It was good to see them and spend time with them. Alyssa had a great Christmas and it was a blast watching her open presents. She had us all laughing. We made cookies for Santa and she was so excited when they were gone along with the milk. I think she was more excited about that then her presents. Our family did something different for Christmas this year. With the lovely economy and the fact we have everything we need and want, we decided not to exchange presents with each other. We only bought for Alyssa. I was afraid it might be weird not having anything to open on Christmas morning but Alyssa was so much fun it was just as good if not better than opening my own present. This idea also allowed us to spend money on less fortunate families and to me that is what Christmas is all about. It makes me feel so good to know our scarifice helped someone who really needed it. I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas too! Happy New Year!!!!

No comments: